YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
* Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
* WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
* Forbes 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
* Forbes America's Best Employers
* Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
* Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
* Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For
* Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT
Contribute to enterprise Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Program by supporting first line vendor portfolio management of highly impactful and complex vendors through second line activities. Collaborate with first line vendor relationship owners in their vendor oversight plan development and management. Lead the annual enterprise vendor risk assessment process including guidance, project management, reporting, best practice and effective challenge. Promote TPRM framework adherence through collaboration with vendor relationship owners in their vendor oversight plan development and management, third party issue management, and vendor risk assessment activities. Develop and maintain program tools and templates to document, manage, advise, and report on enterprise vendors and associated risks to further the TPRM Program second line function.
* Develop and implement enterprise TPRM framework to include processes, policies, tools and templates, driving for continuous improvements and efficiencies
* Provide guidance to first line vendor relationship owners regarding the development, execution, and management of vendor oversight plans; advise owner of changes, risks and strategies for any potential impacts to NFCU vendor relationships, performance, or risk and monitor to ensure plans are actioned for each in scope vendor
* Collaborate with BU stakeholders, including first line vendor relationship managers, individually and collectively to ensure consistency in vendor management approach and to promote proactive management of vendor relationships and performance; monitor first line to ensure plans are actioned for each in scope vendor
* Provide second line guidance and support to first line relationship owners through the vendor life cycle, including third party issue identification, tracking, as well as effective challenge and guidance on severity rating and remediation plan. Monitor and report on remediation progress
* Collaborate with BU and enterprise level risk operational areas to ensure continuity and capture all relevant issue/risk data
* Identify existing controls and propose additional controls to mitigate and manage vendor risk, informed by issue management and other vendor management activities
* Provide training and guidance on execution of vendor classification framework and vendor risk profile
* Coordinate and support the annual and ongoing vendor classification risk assessment process, including coordinating effective challenge through input from functional risk subject matter experts. Provide review and recommendations to associated vendor oversight activities/vendor plans
* Provide expert knowledge in vendor performance management including best practice in vendor scorecards, SLA management and action plans attend vendor performance reviews as requested by the first line
* Develop and continue to enhance vendor oversight governance standards to ensure compliance with established service and performance level standards
* Provide regular feedback to first line business unit vendor relationship owners and stakeholders on their adherence to TPRM program
* Perform other related duties as assigned or appropriate
* Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Business Administration, communications, supply chain or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* Advanced skills in leading and participating in cross functional teams
* Advanced oral, written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
* Advanced skill communicating with all levels within an organization
* Ability to translate, interpret and effectively present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely, both oral and written
* Experience in vendor management, strategic sourcing, procurement or third-party risk management
* Effective skill translating business goals and objectives into outcomes
* Effectively exercise discretion, takes initiative, and uses good judgment to make sound decisions
* Advanced skill in resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements
* Managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
* Skilled at making effective presentations to groups of various sizes and at varying levels of leadership
* Advanced relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
* Effectively navigates through ambiguity and comfortable with iterative agile approaches
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
* Vendor Management or third party risk management related certification
* Understanding of business objectives and strategies from the perspective of a vendor
* Third party management in a financial services setting including development or delivery of enterprise programs
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $120,300 - $168,400 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 02/19/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team's discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.