YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
* Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
* WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
* Forbes 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
* Forbes America's Best Employers
* Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
* Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
* Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For
* Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT
Technology position demonstrating a thorough knowledge of information technology concepts, issues, trends and best practices as they relate to the mainframe environment.
* Collaborates with other high-level IT professionals, business strategists, specialized technicians, business process experts, vendors, consultants and business partners.
* Solves complex problems that have direct and important impact on strategic IT priorities and/or measurable business results.
* Credible expert advisor to peers and internal/external business partners; trusted advisor to line management.
* Creates improved IT materials, tools, work aids, and processes.
* Coaches less experienced professionals in same sub-discipline.
* Collaborates on operational/tactical business issues with internal business partner managers and subject matter experts. Provides information to/effectively interacts with external vendors, suppliers, auditors, and business partners.
Key responsibilities include:
* Overall environment administration.
* Administer the data-mirroring solution, maintaining established RTO and RPO.
* Install and maintain z/OS operating system releases.
* Install, maintain, and administer mainframe 3rd party software products.
* Implement and exploit new technologies (zLinux, KVM, zCX, etc.)
* Interface with application development to facilitate their adoption of emerging technologies (RESTful APIs, JSON, Liberty web server)
* Maintain documentation on standards and procedures.
* Troubleshoot mainframe hardware and software issues.
* Mentor others in the application of technologies, process changes, tools, and standards.
* Lead and work in a collaborative effort to conceptualize total system solutions.
* Lead others in the definition of project scope, plans, and deliverables.
* 10 years of experience in mainframe and related technologies.
* Must be able to quickly transfer knowledge and experience into non-core knowledge areas as well as understanding when to bring in an additional SME.
* BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field or equivalent work experience.
* High level of familiarity with mainframe peripheral architecture.
* Hands-on experience with mainframe operations.
* HP NonStop experience a plus
* Varying experience with the following:
o GDPS/PPRC (MM/GM/GC) and/or TC/HUR/SI
o DASD Management (DFP, HSM, volume provisioning, etc.)
o Batch Scheduling
o Tape Management (CA-1, RMM are pluses)
o Virtual Tape Environments
o DB2 (considered a plus)
o MQ (considered a plus)
o UNIX System Services
o z/Architecture Assembler, COBOL, SAS, REXX (required)
o Modern IDEs and newer languages (Python, Java, Go are strong pluses)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM | Work schedule includes Off-Hours, on-call and scheduled work on Sunday nights and Thursday nights.
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Salary: $95,600 - $163,500
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.