EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit . Follow on Twitter.
Echostar has an exciting opportunity for Paralegal. This position will be based in our Germantown, Maryland office to provide support on various legal, contractual, and compliance related matters for the company.
- Provide administrative and organizational support to the Legal department managers who oversee legal, contractual and compliance matters for the international division, corporate securities group, and corporate anti-bribery compliance group.
- Assist in the management, drafting and review of various agreements with customers, sales representatives, subcontractors, vendors and third parties including, but not limited to, non-disclosure agreements, equipment supply contracts, sales representative agreements and service agreements.
- Check and edit contract forms and documents for accuracy, cross-checking and validating information, noting exceptions for review by an attorney as necessary.
- Support governance, compliance and regulatory matters including coordination with the company's foreign based Legal members related to contracts, governance, and subsidiary management.
- Draft and maintain corporate documents including board consents, resolutions, meeting minutes, transactional documents, and agreements.
- Assist in preparation, circulation and collection of quarterly questionnaires in connection with corporate securities obligations.
- Assist in the preparation of documents for board meetings and strategic business and financial transactions.
- Serve as the focal point for intake of information from third parties in connection with the engagement of third parties, including administering the company's anti-bribery compliance onboarding platform.
- Coordinate and track approvals for various agreements and transactional documents described above.
- Assist with other legal matters including litigation, contract management, and general legal support.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of paralegal/legal experience with a law firm or government agency or at a company.
- Excellent writing, communication, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Excellent project management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Eager to learn, and passionate about being part of a fast-growing internet service business.
- Significant experience reviewing, drafting and managing a variety of commercial agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines in a fast paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to display a high degree of initiative, discretion and integrity with impeccable judgment.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a security investigation.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all-from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.