At NSF, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We're a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems. We're passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world. Our nearly 3,000 employees provide services in over 170 countries through our many global offices, at our client sites, from home offices and in state-of-the-art laboratories. We're growing fast, and that's where you come in. Come join our team. NSF requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, with exceptions only as required by law.Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage of the applicable vaccine. More information about NSF can be found at nsf.org.
Description Responsible for building programs to create SAS datasets from the clinical database, external data sources, and other sources while following the clinical study's protocol or statistical plans.
- Review CRF annotations and data specifications.
- Ensure CRF meets the guidelines of the protocol and check for consistency and adequacy.
- Build SAS datasets from clinical database.
- Test and help to test applications for clinical trial data.
- Develop SAS macros, templates and utilities for data cleaning and reporting.
- Utilize SDTM guidelines to build datasets.
- Identify and edit checks per the data validation plan or data management plan.
- Write SAS programs to generate tables, listings, and figures and analysis datasets.
- Write, develop, and validate computer programming codes for listings.
- Review other programmers programs for tables and graphs
- Work in tandem with Biostatistics and Data Management member on various clinical projects.
- Validate the programmed analysis datasets, tables, listing and figures.
- Communicate with programming and statistics leads.
- Store and retrieve data from databases.
- Help to identify programming errors/bugs.
- Communicate with an internal team to create deliverables for different projects.
- Collaborate with project team and contribute to team efforts
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and one year of related software development experience or equivalent education and experience.
- SAS programming proficiency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Proficient working knowledge of database management systems.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment, contributing to a collaborative work atmosphere.
Work Classification: Hub
Job: Testing and Analytics
Primary Location: US-MD-Germantown
Requisition Title:Scientific Programmer I Job Number:HLS1399
NSF is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.