At the heart of QIAGEN's business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees - more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people's lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
The Technical Associate in Kit Assembly comprehends and performs assigned manual assembly / production tasks according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adhere to and accurately complete all production-related documentation.
- Responsible for set up, trouble shooting and operation of production related equipment within the assembly area.
- Responsible for maintaining product quality.
- Assist in the setup and preparation (counting/verification) of required production related materials.
- Contribute to cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to and support department/corporate goals.
- Responsible for ensuring on-going compliance to applicable quality and EHS regulations and standards (e.g., ISO, US FDA, MDD, IVDD, EU-PSHA, OSHA, etc.).Position Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years of related work experience, or an AA degree with related work experience.
- Understanding of FDA and cGMP regulated production practices is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of job tasks; general to minimal supervision required.
- Able to use general/automated laboratory/production equipment.
- Computer savvy
- Able to plan use of equipment, materials and personal time efficiently.
- Able to complete/review production-related documentation accurately.
- Basic mathematical skills are required.
- Able to resolve production issues independently.
- Work safely and effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills.
- Able to communicate issues and problems to supervisors.
- The work environment is fast-paced and involves the ability to quickly change priorities and multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Able to read, write and understand the English language.
- No travel required.
- Must lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
- Must work in a standing position for extended periods of time.Personal Requirements
- Detail oriented
- Strong motivation
QIAGEN requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for new hires in all U.S. states other than Montana effective as of September 1, 2021. New hires and candidates will be required to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination within three business days of start date or upon entry into the office (i.e., for interviews), whichever comes first. QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact . This policy is part of QIAGEN's ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.