Who We Are
We're NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe businessispersonal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit:https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
As an Account Executive in Mid, Large, and Strategic Market segments, you will support consultants in managing client accounts by researching, analyzing, and evaluating medical, dental, life and disability benefits plans and programs for employers. The expectation at this level is that the Account Executive will exercise more independent thinking and be able to complete projects with little guidance from consultants. Often, tasks are time sensitive and the employee may be working under intense deadlines and pressure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry and analysis - assist the consulting team in gathering, organizing, entering and analyzing data using Excel spreadsheets to be used for various client projects. This role also involves an increased focus on analysis of the results and managing portions of projects, including reviewing the work of lower level analysts.
Examples of the types of projects and responsibilities include:
- Marketing efforts - gather benchmarking, utilization or rate data from the vendors via a Request for Proposal (RFP); interpret the meaning of the data and summarize the responses from the RFP in Excel or PowerPoint format for presentation to the client
- Plan design consolidation - gather data from the client and current vendors needed for analyzing the impact of a client's consolidation of its healthcare plans; typically involves organizing and summarizing plan design details and costs in Excel for further analysis by the team; responsibilities also include checking data for reasonableness and follow-up with vendors regarding missing or inaccurate data.
- For experience rated clients - Cost projections and vendor renewal workups - gather data from the client and vendors to populate Excel spreadsheets used for developing cost projections and evaluation of vendor renewal workups; results are used as part of client renewal and budget meetings
- For experience rated clients - Tracking claims experience - gather data from client and vendors and check for reasonableness using independent judgment; analyze actual versus expected healthcare costs using an Excel template; results are typically sent to clients on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Understand Health and Benefits products, services and tools -Understand vendor/carrier markets, more advanced underwriting and financial skills, Health & Benefit products, services and technical tools, and intranet resources offered by NFP by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues.
- Project management & consulting skills -understand and demonstrate project management and consulting skills such as:
- Managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables
- Helping to develop budgets and billing reports
- Participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate
- Delegating to and reviewing project work of more junior colleagues
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications.
- Develop and present benchmarking reports -gather and analyze health benefits data from a national survey administered and published by various sources, input it into a standardized template and compare a client's medical and dental plan information (such as the benefits they offer, rates, contributions) to other companies by industry or geography and present the final report to the client. The analyst will have a discussion with a consultant up front to determine what cuts of the data to make.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- One to three years of industry experience required
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and NFP policies.
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life & Health License required
- (Pre-COVID) Travel 20-50% of the 40 hour work week (often more in 4th quarter)
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to drive on local roads and highways, or have other modes of transportation to drive to/from client meetings
- Must have the ability to cope with stressful situations
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.